A free VPN feels like the perfect solution – complete anonymity online, unblocked streaming sites, and the freedom to browse what you want without the fear of being tracked, all without spending a penny. But is that what you can realistically expect?
All the free VPNs collect logs and get money from them. It is really expensive to maintain a high quality (which includes security) VPN, so the free ones need to get money from somewhere. And they do so from other shady activities which include their customers acting as a product that they sell. And this doesn’t sound secure at all.
If you need a VPN for accessing some sort of blocked websites and don’t care about security then you can try going with the free VPNs. I cannot recommend any since I personally do not think any of them are good. But many good VPNs have free trials or money-back guarantees, so you can use them for free for a specific period of time.
WHAT IS A VPN?
A free VPN is software that allows you to use a VPN server network without having to pay anything. However, there’s no such thing as free as far as VPN service is concerned. In order to profit off of their service, many VPN companies may sell users’ personal information, private IP addresses, or even their web traffic to third-party companies to gain profit. So you need to be aware of your personal details and take steps accordingly.
Are free VPNs harmful?
If you really want better protection online, avoid free VPNs. While you might save a few dollars each month, the risks to your privacy and data are not worth it. In fact, using a free VPN could cost you a lot more than a subscription to a premium provider.
ExpressVPN safeguards Internet browsing against surveillance agencies and scammers. This working VPN offers online protection using leak proofing and encryption. It helps you to stay safeguarded by hiding your IP address and encrypting network data.
- Unlimited data and lightning-fast speeds
- 3,000 servers in 90 countries
- Works with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Sky, HBO, Torrenting, Kodi
- Maximum 5 connections
- 24/7 support available
- Compatible with: Windows (7, 8, 10, & 11), Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, routers, and more
- Money-back guarantees in 30 days.
NordVPN is one of the greatest VPN software that does not track, collect, or share users’ data. It provides security by encrypting the data sent and received. It’s easy to use and helps you hide your identity.
- NordVPN service provides good security.
- It offers double VPN or onion over VPN.
- It does not keep log activity online.
- Provides 24/7 product support.
- 5000+ servers
- Server selection: Manual
- Data allowance: Unlimited
- No-logging policy: Yes
- Maximum 6 connections.
- Unblocks: YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu
- Free Trial: Yes – 30 Days
- Countries: 59
- Supported platforms: Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS
Hide.me offers several security protocols, 256-bit encryption, split tunneling, IP/DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. You can also use the Stealth Guard feature to conserve your data. This lets you block apps on your Windows device from connecting to the internet, so you’re not wasting bandwidth.
- Maximum 5 Server
- locations: 5 Maximum devices supported:
- 10GB per month 24/7
- Has live chat.
- Tons of configurable features
- Decent data limit
- Good speed
- Supports Windows – 7,8,10, 11.