In this article, we will analyze the best modern office designs, why office design actually matters and how one can utilize the office space.
Why should you focus on office design ?
The design of your office speaks volumes about the vision of your business. People spend more hours in their offices than in their homes. In this article, we will analyze why office design actually matters and how one can utilize the office space to its fullest.
- Resonance – The environment you create in your office is the physical manifestation of your brand. Basically, your brand and the environment at your workspace resemble each other. Also, you can’t expect your employees to generate creative ideas sitting in a dull environment.
- Productivity – It’s not easy for employees to come to the same workspace every day; an office design should be such that it appears appealing to the workers, motivating them to come to work on a regular basis.
- Impression – You would obviously desire your client to feel impressed seeing your office. For this to happen you must have a separate space where your client can wait comfortably while someone goes to receive them. You can also use a wall to display the pictures of your organizational achievements which will surely catch the attention of your clients.
- Marketing purposes – Suppose you are creating social media content to upload on your professional social media handles. In that case an aesthetic office design can be turned into suitable background options which will give the content consumers an insight into your workspace.
- Flexibility – Build your office in such a manner that shifting doesn’t appear as a challenging task. For example, swivel chairs will help your employees to re-group for various projects.
- Meeting space – For meetings it is best prescribed to have a conference room with adjustable lighting levels, camera & speaker system and communication technologies. It will benefit the virtual clients as well as the physical attendees.
- Employee management– You can use a biometric attendance system to mark the presence of your employees at the workspace. Other safety related measures also must be included in your design plan.
- Consultants role – As setting a great impression in front of your clients is a crucial part of your business, so as to impress your consultants. Consultants whom you are looking forward to work with, when they enter for the first time into your office, the design of your workspace should instill a certain amount of confidence in them.
- Engagement – Your office can have various departments, and through certain arrangements, you can ensure increased level of interaction between the various departments of your organization. Departments mingling with each other or employees sharing healthy bonds among them can lead to greater levels of productivity.
- Collaborative environment – Having a small space in your office to arrange brainstorming sessions or short meetings for your employees can enhance collaboration among the employees. Collectively they can discuss business related issues, prepare themselves for upcoming presentations and a lot more.
Trends to follow for office design in 2023.
- Color palette – At present times it is advised to go for minimal and subtle colors for your office interior. Shades including beige, white and gray can give an absolute classic touch to your workspace. Go for colors such as neo-mint, classic blue, warm peach, dusty green when it comes to office design. Although don’t forget to align your office interior with the brand’s statement color scheme.
- Add that personal touch – Make your employees feel homely by creating personalized spaces for them. For example, personalizing a wall with your employees photographs or artwork made by them that resonates with your brand is a great interior design idea to follow.
- Open layout – It is a “millennial trend,” as they prefer engagement and interaction over other things. In such a scenario, the concept of “open layout” is gaining popularity as it allows an increased level of creativity, flexibility, and expression and also contributes towards improving office culture. First, analyze your team’s requirements, use online tools to draw your open office layout, compare the elements you want to keep with those elements which can be removed, and most importantly address noise control and sound privacy.
- Hybrid workspace model – Its 2023 and creating a hybrid workspace for your employees is the need of the times. Amenity like a zoom booth can be of great use to employees who want to contribute to a group project although without being present in the office. Storage compartments specially meant for employees who juggle between their homes and workspaces is an ideal step. Other than this, using cozy furniture in the office will help your employees to relax during short breaks.
- Sustainability – Biophilic designs, which mean incorporating the elements of nature in your office, can help you to achieve sustainability goals. Using LED bulbs, energy efficient electronic appliances, reusable materials, vintage decor, and paperless resources are some of the measures which genuinely help to create sustainability at your workspace.
- Amenities – It’s high time to prioritize the wellness of employees and to provide them with at least basic amenities at their workspace which can motivate them to return to the office the next morning. Top-of-the line coffee machines, natural lights, food and beverage options for free of cost, outdoor space and multi-purpose collaboration areas, all these are emerging as the basic requirement of employees.
- Tech integration – Creating hybrid workspace models needs technological integration. For example specialized meeting rooms for remote workers and in-office workers to collaborate is the demand of the present times.
Your workspace is the replica of your brand and the way you decide to design your office will convey a story about your business. Choose wisely when it comes to office interiors, with proper guidance, awareness and planning you can create an effective workspace without investing an insane amount of money into it.