The “Truth Social” programme is set to launch on Monday, more than a year after former US President Barack Obama was banned from social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Former US President Donald Trump’s new social media site, “Truth Social,” is set to launch this week, according to a company executive.
For more than a year, Donald Trump has been banned from a variety of social media networks, including YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
Trump’s ban came after the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, after he was suspected of posting inciting statements on social media.
The launch is scheduled for Monday.
The Software Store said on Sunday that consumers in the United States may pre-order the app for release on Monday, Presidents Day in the United States.
A verified account for a “Truth Social” executive, Billy B., answered questions on the app from people using it during its test phase, according to screenshots quoted by the Reuters news agency.
In response to a user, the CEO stated, “We’re now set for release in the Apple App store for Monday, February 21.”
The app’s functioning would be similar to that of Twitter, according to the executive.
“This week we will begin to roll out on the internet,” Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) chief Devin Nunes stated in an interview with Fox News.
“That’s going to be wonderful,” he continued, “because we’re going to get a lot more people on the platform.”
“Our aim is, I believe we’ll meet it; I believe we’ll be completely functioning, at least within the United States, by the end of March.”
Other endeavors in social media
TMTG is said to have $1.25 billion (€1.1 billion) in the bank, which it will utilise to compete with Getty, Parler, and Gab, among other conservative social media platforms.
Amazon took the social media app, Parler, down in January of last year, following complaints that it failed to filter extreme content and allowed users to promote violence.
Google and Apple had previously removed the app.