Cosmea enters into the Edtech space by forming a joint venture company with Primero Skills and Training Pvt. Ltd. The JV will be focussing on the northeast providing training in hospitality, finance, and other sectors.

Cosmea Financial Services (CFH), a financial services startup, has launched Torus Primero Edutech Private Limited (TPEPL) taking its first steps in the edtech space. The Edtech company aims to provide vocational training to around one million youth in 40 sectors in two years. 

“For the next six months to one year, the courses will be online, and post that, the company plans to go on a hybrid learning model. We plan to open 1000 offline centers in the next five years across 20 cities with a maximum number of districts,” Jayanta Das, CEO, Torus Primero, said. 

The company platform shall be launched with 50 courses and add around 250 courses in 18 months. It has been decided that 60% of the learning will take place online, and the remaining 40% of learning will be offline. 

It has further been decided that there will be two segments, B2C, wherein services will be provided to individual students, and B2B wherein employees will be trained at companies. In the case of B2C, the course fee will range from 3000 to 8000 with a duration of 20 hours. 

Cosmea Group operates all its businesses under the brand name Torus. 

Aiming to disseminate quality education, raise entrepreneurs, and aid in increasing employment, the company was registered in 2021 as a private non-government company limited by shares, and as a joint venture between Cosmea and Delhi-based Primero Skills and Training Private Limited. 

Primero has been led by its Founder and Managing Director Jayanta Das, an economist, and a social entrepreneur. The aim of Primero is to train the most marginalized segments of society. Its social welfare projects include training tea plantation workers, beedi workers, and Tihar inmates among other marginalized segments. 

Cosmea has entered into a joint venture with other companies in other spaces too. Recently, it formed a Joint Venture with Orowealth to enter into the mutual funds’ space.