In the US, the automobile sector stands like a loving child of the country. With the streets being graced by vintage muscle cars to modernized trucks has a lot to say about the country’s emotional ties towards the industry. The industry made its debut back in 1860 and the global economy relies heavily on transportation for its uses in shipping and delivery of products. An investment in a reliable domestic car or in a truck for commercial purposes seems to be a no-brainer when considering the returns it has to offer. There are several brands to choose from when it comes to a decision. The list is long but here are the top 10 automaker brands which deliver longevity and efficiency.
Few of the companies that top the chart include General Motor Company, Tesla Inc, and Deere and Company.
Let us check out the top 10 automobile companies in the US:
1. General Motor Company:
General Motor Company was founded in 1908 in Michigan, United States. It currently employs around 1,55,000 people and has a market cap of $53.66 billion with an estimated revenue of $ 115 billion.
Mary Barra has been the CEO of General Motor Company since January 2014. She is the first female CEO who has written her own legacy through grind and hustle in the top three automaker companies. Her estimated net worth is around $ 60 million and she seems to be on a winning streak. Check out their official Youtube channel for more information.
Some of the upcoming cars from General Motor Company in the US include (all prices estimated):
- 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing- The Cadillac CT5V Blackwing is replacing the CTS V-Sport. The car is equipped with a 6.2L V8 motor with a 1.7L Eaton Supercharger. The mill is fitted to an automatic transmission. It is estimated to cost around $84,990.
- 2022 Buick Enclave- The Buick Enclave gets updated with an all-new grille and is fitted with all-LED headlights and tail lamps. The car is fitted with a 3.6L engine that makes 310BHP of power with an automatic transmission. It costs roughly $ 42,800.
- 2023 Hummer EV- The gas-hungry monster is getting a new eco-friendly face. The electric-powered Hummer will be priced around $ 99,995 and will produce 625BHP and will give a 300 miles range.
2. Deere and Company
Deere and Company is an American corporation that manufactures diesel engines, agricultural machinery, and heavy equipment. The company was founded in 1837 and employs around 69,000 people. It has an approximate net income of $ 2.751 billion.
John C May is the CEO of Deere and Company. His estimated net worth is about $ 53 million (Source). The company specializes in products like Utility Tractors, Forage Harvester, Cotton Picker, Sugarcane Harvester, Field Sprayer, and many more. Let’s check out their Youtube channel here.
3. Tesla Inc
Tesla is the EV automaker brand that is creating wonders in the US. The brand was developed from the ground up by Elon Musk at a time when electric vehicles were considered as a toy. The company got so successful that it alone started the revolution of electric mobility around the globe and not just the US. (Also, read Tesla Racism Case)
The company was founded in 2003 in California. It currently employs around 99,201 people and has a revenue of 5,382.3 crore USD. Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla Inc, is currently one of the richest persons in the world with a net worth of about $ 300 billion(Source). Check out their official Youtube channel for more info.
Some popular cars from Tesla Inc in the US include (all prices estimated):
- Cybertruck- The indestructible machine is building its own legacy as Electric heavy duty vehicle. The truck costs around $ 40,000 and promises about 300 miles range. CyberTruck is made to provide the US consumer with superior strength and endurance.
- Model 3- The car costs around $ 44,000 and puts out 266BHP. It has an estimated range of 300 miles and offers performance and features like autopilot. It is aimed towards the American family that wishes for performance with reliability.
- Model S Plaid- The Model S Plaid oozes acceleration like no other vehicle in its segment. The estimated cost is around $ 135,990 with an approximate range of 396 miles.
- Roadster- The Tesla Roadster is the company’s benchmark product. It can put other premium sports cars to shame with its 250 miles/hr top speed and the 0-100 in 4.2 sec. It gives about 600 miles (approximate) range and costs $ 200,000.
4. Paccar Inc:
Paccar is an American automobile manufacturer and a Fortune 500 company that builds medium and heavy-duty trucks. One of its most renowned subsidiaries is Leyland trucks, The company founded in 1905 currently employs around 23,000 people. It has a market cap of around $ 23.46 billion. The company has a plethora of subsidiaries where the automotive division comprises Kenworth Trucks, DAF Trucks and Leyland Trucks. Preston Feight is the CEO of Paccar Inc and has an estimated net worth of $ 7.42 million dollars(Source). Check out their Youtube channel here for more info.
5. Nissan Motors:
Nissan Motors is a multinational automobile manufacturer that was founded in 1933 in Japan. The company has an estimated 1,36,134 number of employees and has a market cap of around $ 16.361 billion. Makoto Uchida is the current CEO of Nissan Motors. Here is a link to their Youtube channel.
The upcoming cars from Nissan Motors in the US include (all prices estimated):
- 2022 Nissan Kicks- The Nissan Kicks is priced at around $ 19,800. It produces about 122BHP and 154 nm of torque. The mill is fitted to a 1.6L engine with Xtronic Transmission. The car comes with the latest features like Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- 2022 Nissan Rogue Sport- The Nissan Rogue Sports comes with features like Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning and many more. It is estimated to cost $24,460. The car puts out 140BHP and is fitted to a 2.0L engine with Xtronic Transmission.
- 2023 Nissan Ariya- The Nissan Ariya is priced at $45,950 and offers an 87kWh Lithium-ion battery that churns out about 238 BHP and 299 nm of torque. The company is aiming at customers who are looking for a reliable and inexpensive EV in the US market.
6. Ford Motors:
Ford Motors was founded by Henry Ford in 1903. It is one of the most prominent automobile brands in America. The company estimated revenue of about 13,630 crore USD in 2021. It employs around 200,000 people and manufactures several segments like cars, SUVs and crossovers, trucks and vans. Jim Farley is the current CEO of Ford Motors and has a net worth of $ 35.3 million. Go to their official Youtube channel for more information.
Ford is currently working on the 2022 Expedition which features a 3.5L Ecoboost engine that churns out 440HP and 691 nm of torque. The vehicle is promised to deliver better fuel economy with the latest technology and safety features.
7. Volkswagen AG
Volkswagen AG is another multinational automaker founded in 1937 in Germany. It is known to also own luxury brands like Porsche and Audi. The company has a market cap of $ 95.8 billion and redefines German engineering. Herbert Diess is the current CEO of the company and has an estimated net worth of 7.7 million euros(Source). Watch their official Youtube channel for more news.
Few of the upcoming cars of Volkswagen AG includes:
- Volkswagen Jetta- The Jetta is priced around $ 20,195 and offers good fuel economy and modern features and interiors. The car is fitted with a 1.5L Turbocharged engine that puts out 158BHP.
- Volkswagen Taigun- Volkswagen Taigun is estimated to cost around $ 25,995 which churns out 184BHP. The compact SUV offers a premium cabin with latest features and modern design elements.
- Volkswagen Passat- The Volkswagen Passat is offered as a premium sedan priced at $ 27,295. The engine is fitted to a 2.0L engine that puts out 174.BHP. The car offers a spacious cabin with a comfortable experience.
Toyota is a Japanese multinational company that has provided the automobile sector with reliable and long-lasting vehicles. The company has a market cap of $ 183.3 billion and was founded in 1937. Akio Toyoda is the current CEO of Toyota Motors and has an estimated net worth of about $ 1 billion. Check out their Youtube channel for more information.
Some of the upcoming cars from Toyota include:
- Toyota bZ4X- This is an Electric offering by Toyota which provides a range of 252 miles and is priced at $ 42,000. It offers a panoramic sunroof and spacious cabin. The car is also equipped with Android Auto and Apple carPlay.
- Toyota Highlander- The SUV is priced at $ 35,405 and is fitted with a 3.5: V6 engine. It is an All Wheel Drive (AWD) only SUV that comes with modern design elements and competitive features.
9. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW):
BMW is a German automobile manufacturer that was founded in 1916, in Munich, Germany. The company has an estimated market cap of $ 49.5 million(source). Oliver Zipse is the CEO of BMW who has an estimated net worth of 5.9 million Euros(source). Watch their official Youtube channel for more information.
The latest models from BMW includes:
- 2022 BMW X7- The luxury SUV costs around $ 74,000 and is fitted to a 3.0L Twin turbo engine that puts out 335 BHP. The car screams impeccable German styling with modern features.
- 2022 BMW X5- The X5 is priced at $ 60,000 ad comes with a 3.0L Twin powered engine that churns out 335BHP. The SUV delivers a smooth and safe ride with all the latest features like Dynamic Traction Control and Dynamic Brake Control.
10. Fiat Chrysler
Fiat Chrysler is an Italian- American brand which was founded back in 2014. The company employs around 1,98,545 people and has a revenue of about 10,800 crores Euro. Michael Manley is the CEO of the company who has taken the brand to great heights. Go to their Youtube channel for more information. In October 2019, the company merged with French automobile manufacturer PSA Group and was renamed as ‘ Stellatis’.
The comprehensive list of automobile manufacturers can express that Americans love their cars and trucks. Their passion for the industry has led to its further development. These brands offer reliability and great value for the customers to choose their desired product. So, next time if you are out in the market looking for your next car or truck, check these companies out.